Monday, May 16, 2011

Florida

I know, I know... I've taken forever with this post... my apologies (to those of you that care)... life is sometimes too busy to write about.

About a month ago, Courtney, Molly, and I all went down to the Florida Gulf Coast to celebrate the wedding of my cousin Anna and her beau Wright (yes... Mr. Wright). My Aunt Paula and Uncle Bruce generously let us stay in their condo at Blue Mountain Beach... right on the Gulf! It was Molly's first trip to the beach and she had a great time... of course, she had no idea where she was, but she had fun.

One picture before bedtime on the day we arrived.


Then to sleep for Molly... and I spent some time looking at this from our porch... nice.


The next morning we work up early (always, always) and cousins Molly and Evie played for a while...




Grandmama got in some cuddles...


And a little staged playtime (but isn't most of it, really?) in the matching outfits that Grammy got. Here are a couple of Molly and Evie walking that fine line between vitamin D and sunburn.



Then it was off to the beach for a walk.


Over the next few days, we spent a good deal of time at the beach and by the pool... I'm having a little trouble sorting out which day is which... so, below are a few photos, in no particular order, of all the fun in the sun.













One of those days, Molly had her first dip in a pool... and all our bathtub-based predictions proved correct... she loved it! Kicked, splashed, squealed, the whole bit. 



Then it was time for a bath to wash off all the chlorine and sand...


"Say, man, when I was growin' up, if we
wanted a jacuzzi,we had to fart in the tub!"
-Billy Ray Valentine

More fun with Evie...



On Saturday we went to the wedding. Molly came to the reception and wore a little white dress that, I have to admit, was pretty cute. She only made it a few minutes before she got cranky, and I missed out on getting her picture with the beautiful bride (See our post from 5/29 for the photo of Anna and Molly). Congratulations, Anna and Wright!



Apparently we weren't the only ones that thought Molly looked cute... as this photo of her being swarmed by Southern ladies shows. 



We stayed a few days after the wedding, and had a great time relaxing with our families. And I know that Molly, despite her obliviousness, was sad to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment